JACK


February 9, 2009

17 Weeks down, 23 to Go!


Well things are moving along quite nicely. We have our very first ultrasound next week so hopeully "the palm" (that's his/her size now) will be a good little palm and let us see if it is a palmude or a palmette! I know I have to post a picture but our darn camera is brokedidid and the cell phone just doesn't do my belly justice. I wouldn't want to have to post a disclaimer at the bottom of my picture saying "objects in this picture are larger than they appear!" I'm getting some energy back so that's always a good thing. To commemorate it being my seventeenth week, I thought I would see what interesting things the number seventeen has accomplished in the world. Here goes:

1. It was used in a famous 80's song that I used to LOVE back in the day. My sister Liz used to have the tape. Name this tune:
"Well he was just SEVENTEEN,
and you know what I mean
and the way he loooked was way beyond compare.

I'll never dance with another
Woooooo
When I _______ ________ _________ _________!

(Liz if you don't get this, I don't think we can be sisters anymore)

2. Now who didn't love this magazine when they were a teenager. It was a step up from the teenie bob magazines but not as crude as Cosmo.


3. 17th Ave was one of my favourite streets to visit when I lived in Calgary. It's filled with great boutiques and amazing restaurants. It was on this street that I had my very first taste of Nepalese cuisine. Delish!

4. Being from Canuckada (aka Canada) means that I'm supposed to have an inbred love for hockey right??? Well I don't really, except during playoffs...but for those of you who are fans, last week was week 17 in the NHL and here are the team rankings Looks like the Sharks and Bruins are still in the lead.

5. In the 17th episode of the last season on one of my guilty pleasures, the Hills, here is what happened: Still annoyed with Audrina's accusations about hooking up with Justin, Lauren asks Lo for advice. Lo tells Lauren that if Audrina had to question her so many times, it's clear that Audrina does not trust her. Since Lauren sees trust as a top priority in relationships, she says the only way she will forgive Audrina is if she sincerely apologizes. I'm not shallow, I promise ;)

6. And last but not least - some words that rhyme with seventeen. Caffeine, between, blue jean, canteen, and obscene.

Happy Monday!

0 comments: