JACK


January 31, 2009

H.A. Day

As I was driving home from having dropped off Mike at work today, I became overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude for my better half. He's been so great since I've been pregnant (ok, just realized that sounded bad, he's ALWAYS been great). Giving me foot massages, going to the store to get food "the baby" is craving, etc. I thought that I needed to do something nice for him so when I got home, I called him on his cell and shouted "HAPPY HUSBAND APPRECIATION DAY!!!" He laughed and then I proceeded to ask him if he could have anything for dinner what would that be. He decided on vegetable lasagna and for dessert, a homemade apple pie. My response "As you wish" (name that movie). Sure I could have gone and bought him a present, etc but let's face it, we all know that a way to man's heart is through his stomach!! I hopped on my mostest favoritest recipe site and found two great recipes. Thus began my afternoon of gratefully slaving away in the kitchen.
I ended up making a ROASTED VEGETABLE LASAGNA



and


HOMEMADE CARAMEL APPLE PIE




They both turned out great and I highly recommend the recipes. I did my first ever lattice pie crust as well. It looked so pretty. Sorry if the pictures aren't the best. Our digital camera is broken so I had to use my cell phone camera.

Anywho, the night could basically be summed up by:

One Vegetable Lasagna $20

One Homemade Apple Pie $10

Expression on hubby's face after eating all the yummy food...



PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't you a sweet wifey. The food looks delicious!

Gingerlylizzy said...

Seriously, you guys are the cutest. I love you BOTH! And nice lattice Mrs. MARTHA!

Tahnee said...

I've never been so proud... HOLY SMOKES!!! I knew you had it in ya. How cute are you guys. Oh.. and I love the baby countdown thingy. It's sweet! Oh.. and the movie is none other than the great Princess Bride!!!

Kyrsten said...

Yumm-O. By the way the answer to your question as to which movie...Princess Bride.
Love You!

Suz said...

You're such a great wife!!

Becky said...

That's fantastic. Pie is the magic word for that one.. Hoping you guys are well, and thinking of you and your unborn. :-)

Jen said...

Katie poo, you are the best. i miss you. Move to Utah. :)

Staci J said...

Wow!!! What a great wifey you are... That caramel apple pie looks too good to be true, I'm definitely going to look up that recipe:)