JACK


February 10, 2009

Rest In Peace Dave I!

Upon arriving home from work yesterday I was hit with two major blows. First, that one of my sister's best friends brother died. It is so sad and he was her only sibling. They were very close and I know this time has got to be very hard for her. Liz is actually on her way home as we speak so she can go and be with her friend. It was so sudden and he was so young (I believe 31). I guess you just never know. Secondly, that my Dad received some scary news but that after he undergoes a pretty major surgery, he'll be okay. If he isn't worried, than I shouldn't be either. It was such a wake up call for me. One, that has hard as it is for me to come to grips with, my parents really aren't getting any younger. Don't get me wrong, they still have PLENTY of years ahead of them, it's just scary when you get reality checks like I did yesterday. Secondly, that I am so grateful for the gospel and to have the knowledge that I do. That this life isn't the end and that there is hope. I can't imagine what it would feel like to lose a close family member or friend and think that that was it, that I'd never see them again. Instead, we can celebrate their life, miss not having them around, but know we will see them again. It's given me a new motivation, to be a little better and try a little harder because again, in the end...you just never know.

3 comments:

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

That is some tough news. I hope everything works out for the best and even though it is a hard time, I know it will because Heavenly Father is in charge and he knows what's best for us. The gospel really is the only thing that can get us through times like these. I'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

jakediane said...

ok talk about ultimate slacker...i just got on your blog sight and found out the totally awesome news about your pregnancy!!! i am so excited for you both!!! I loved the t-shirts you used to tell your family!!! how funny was that...your blog is was so fun to read. oh ya ...sorry to hear about your dad and friend. i hope all goes well and i will keep you in my prayers. Love you and miss you
katie!!!

Being Ausmus said...

Sorry girl:( hope everything goes ok.