JACK


April 7, 2010

Jack Be Nimble, Jack be Quick

Well gone are the days when I could just sit my wee Jack-a-Loo on the ground, surround him with some toys and be on my merry way. He has moved on to bigger and better things. He is officially crawling. It is the cutest thing ever. It's more like a shimmy than a crawl but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it. We were at my parents house this weekend for Easter and he made his grand debut. Here is a little blurp that Mike caught on video with his phone camera (sorry about the poor quality)



Mike and I think Jack's crawling reminds us of one of THESE Click on the word THESE and have a look and let me know if you see any similarities.

Of course I found it absolutely and utterly adorable until I realized that I have to keep a MAJOR eye on him and start baby proofing. Just yesterday he managed to get into the dog's food dish twice, picked up random little pieces of paper he found somewhere on the carpet and immediately put them into his mouth, and of course headed straight towards all electrical outlets and pretty much anything else dangerous. I had to resort to putting him in his playpen so that I could at least go to the "loo" without having to worry about him. This is how I found him when I came back...




He wasn't very happy with his Mom for throwing him in baby jail. Poor guy. Incarcerated at the tender age of 8 1/2 months. At least we don't make him wear the hideous orange jumpsuit. He also has uttered his first word. Can you guess what it is? GIFTED! I know! Crazy eh? hahah ok, I might be telling a little fib. It was more along the lines of Mama. YAY! Nevermind the fact that it came after ba ba and it sounds more like mla mla, but a woman can dream right? He says dada now too but let's just make a note that mama came first. All my hard work has finally paid off. He truly is a joy and he makes us laugh all the day long.

My exercising is getting off to a slow start but it's starting nonetheless. I just signed up to run a 5K this June with my sister in law Shari so that gives me something to work towards. I started a running program called Couch to 5K It's great because it literally takes you from not running to being able to fun a 5k in 9 weeks. There are some exciting events taking place in mine and Mike's family this summer (details coming soon) so I need to get my butt in gear...like 5th gear!

Mike and I are still playing the waiting game for school which is always loads of fun. We actually applied to the University of Idaho as well (which will be quite a long shot) just as a backup.

Three friends of mine had babies on or around April Fools. Congrats again Robyn, Dayna and Ethney. Love you girlies.

Anywho, that's it for now.

This is Katie-Running-Around-Like-A-Chicken-with-its-head-cut-off Ryan signing off.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Wow soo fun that Jack is crawling...You sure will be busy now. Good for you for working out...and I wish that I could say I have started a workout program...good for you!

Kyrsten said...

Oh the trouble he and Max will get in to. I used to find Max and Louie having a dog food picnic all the time. Good times are just around the river bend. Love you, Love him, but miss you tons!

Jen said...

Yay! An update. :) And Jack is stinkin adorable!!! You know we are all going for University of Idaho, right?!?