JACK


October 19, 2009

"FALL"ing in Love

Reasons why I love the Fall Season:

1. Putting away summer clothes and bringing out wool sweaters. And being the Canuck that I am...I have A LOT of wool sweaters. I don't know about you, but there is something fun about getting out the new seasons clothes. Do you ever find that when you start pulling them out you come across clothes you forgot you had and you get excited to wear them again? ..Maybe it's just me.

2. Drinking hot apple cider

3. Watching the leaves change colours. (Not literally...as if i have that kind of time ;)

Tree in our backyard


4. Halloween. Just realized I can go trick or treating again for the 1st time in like 15 years. So what if my son has no teeth...I'll save it for when he does..Promise!!! (and no my fingers are not crossed)

5. The crisp cool air

Mike and I decided to do someting "fally" (and yes that is a real word) this weekend so we went up to a cute little place called Springridge Farm. They had all kinds of fall festivities and we had fun. There were sooooo many people and it was entirely made up of kids, kids and more kids. There were kids running around and screaming like wild banchees, kids throwing temper tantrums when parents refused to buy them a certain sugary delicacy, kids passed out probably from too much sugar in strollers and wagons, kids shreaking with delight while going through the haunted house, kids with sticky faces from candy apples and kids jumping off hay bales...and then it hit me! I turned to Mike while we were sitting at a picnic bench observing all of the chaos and said:

"Welcome to our new life"!

In recently becoming parents we have now entered the world of dragging Jack to any local event that is kid friendly even if the only exciting thing is getting to pet a goat! We have started our monetary contributions to Duracell and Energizer. Our movie selections have changed from Bourne Identity to Baby Einstein. Our late Friday and Saturday nights have turned into "is it really only 8:00 cause it feels like midnight!". Shopping excursions used to include Banana Republic..now it's the Dollar Store. Yes, it is true, our life as we knew it is now gone, and we couldn't be HaPpiER!! ;)

Some pics from our weekend















3 comments:

Tahnee said...

FUN!!! Once upon a time when I lived with Nic and Dave, Keili loved the little people movies. After about 3 weeks of her watching it everyday... I could sing those dang songs in my sleep. I wanted to slit my own wrists. LOL! I can totally sing you that Little Einsteins song... IF you want... just sayin'.

Being Ausmus said...

LOL you're "new life" paragraph made me laugh...I couldn't have wrote it better myself. Oh how life changes...oh how its all so so worth it!!!

Kyrsten said...

Love doing fally things....it's my favorite time of year