JACK


October 16, 2009

Oh the Joys of a Handy Husband

So as you know Mike and I are currently living in his parents basement and we've been trying really hard to make it more "homey"(no that doesn't mean more gansta). There is one rather large room and then a separate bedroom and bathroom. We decided to give Jack the bedroom and then we divided up the larger room into the family room/office and made the other half our bedroom. We were trying to come up with ways to divide the space when Mike said he would build some doors. I'm thinking...Mmm...not that I doubt your capentry skills honey because you have told me you can build things...but the last thing I saw you build was this:






Mike built me a jewellery box for our 1st Christmas together. He had fibbed to me for weeks saying he was working late, all the meanwhile he was building the box. What a cutie patootie! I remember opening it and thinking that it was so pretty but then when he told me he built it, well I started bawling like a baby. I totally thought he had bought it from a store.

So anywho, not that I doubted his carpentry skills but doors seemed a lot more complicated to me than a jewellery box... don't ya think? I had gone down to Windsor with Jack to visit my family for about a week and while I was there Mike told me he had finished the doors. So home again home again home again I go jiggity jig half expecting to see some makeshift cardboard doors but lo and behold look what I found...THESE:








Mike made the ENTIRE thing from scratch. We're talking door frames, the square thingys in the middle (sorry for my lack of door lingo), the rice type paper background, EVERYTHING!!! I think I fell even more in love with him that day. The japanese sliding doors were beeeeeutiful! I don't know about you, but there is just something sexy about a handy man. Knowing that my hunk of a hubby can build things with his bare hands gives me the warm fuzzies. Mike, I will never doubt you again!

You have for once, proven me wrong. hahaha

Move over Ty Pennington



Cuz Michael Ryan is in the Hizzouse!!!


Yup that's right ladies and gents, he cooks too!
(well...at least on holidays and special occasions ;)

5 comments:

Kara said...

ok those doors rock!!

Being Ausmus said...

K seriously those doors are GORGEOUS!!! There is definitely something sexy about a handy man...there is also something sexy about a Japanese sliding doors! So sleek, so stylish, so hip! Totally love em!!! xoxo

Cathy Duffy said...

WOW!! Those doors look awesome! He did a really, really, great job. And he cooks? You've definitely got yourself a keeper!

Laura Dry said...

I am sure the last time Mike saw doors like that it was at my house.... Kung fu panda! I am glad that we were able to help give Mike some inspiration. I am sure it had nothing to do with him living in Japan!
Talk to you soon

Unknown said...

Its so good to have you back blogging! Mike your doors ROCK!!! You are so talented!