JACK


November 11, 2009

So I am determined to shed some pounds and in my quest to do so, I have joined a gym and now have a personal trainer. My gym had a really good deal that I couldn't pass up and with Mike and I having house/baby sat this past weekend, we took that money and put it towards Operation "Juggly - Jiggles Be Gone". I have never worked with a personal trainer before and I had my very first session yesterday hence the reason why I am now updating my blog. I swear I have pulled every muscle imaginable and now I can't move or even get out of bed! (Ok, I might be exaggerating a little) Our supposed to be hour session only lasted half an hour as I almost passed out, and that is NO exaggeration. Apparently I was starting to sway and he called it quits for the day. I wish I could say, it was the best experiences of my life. I felt so energized, invigorated, ready to take on the world...but really, I just wanted to die, right there in the middle of the gym at the tender age of 29! My lungs burned, my legs throbbed and arms felt like mush. What could be more pleasurable really? ;)
I think it is the type of motivation I need though and after watching the Biggest Loser last night, I'm counting my blessings that he isn't ANYTHING like Jillian! Now there is one tough cookie!

A wee taste of the Wrath of Jillian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovfW59st9xc&feature=related

In other news, Jack is growing like a weed. He has his 4 month appt coming up with the doctor next week and I can't wait to see what she tells me how he is doing as far as height and weight. He's also talkig up a storm. Here's a little tidbit for you. He's most talkative in the morning and at night right before he goes to bed. He also does this really funny buggy eyed thing when you turn out the lights and we tried to capture it on camera but I'm not sure how it turned out.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Kara said...

your so cute!!! I love that you named the operation, that rocks! I should hire a personal trainer but I am in fear of breaking down in tears and crying!

Unknown said...

What a cutie and good luck with the personal trainer, it will get easier every time you are there. Hope you are doing well!

Unknown said...

Holy cow, he is getting so big!!! That is such a cute video, it gets me so excited!! Good luck with the personal training thing! You'll have to let me know how it goes and maybe I will do the same after I have my baby! I enjoyed watching Biggest Loser last night as well, but I chose to eat ice cream while doing it...hahaha oops!! Yes, we are down to weeks and it's a little scary! I think those videos are meant to scare the crap out of us new parents, they should show us those BEFORE we get pregnant and definitely should show them in high schools!! :) Anyway, Jack is adorable!!

Being Ausmus said...

Katie he is honestly one of the cutest babies I have EVER seen!!!! Love him to bits!!! I'm so jealous of you having a personal trainer...although it sounds horrible you're going to see some quick results having him focusing entirely on you. Going on the Biggest Loser is a dream of mine! I'm currently the size at 5 months I was with Jacob at 7 with this new baby. Ugh!!! And I was HUGE with Jacob...sigh. Maybe if I'm lucky a personal trainer is in my future as well:)!

Becky said...

He really is quite a little talker isn't he? He's a cutie.

I'm right along side you on Operation "Juggly-Jiggles be gone". I think I've lived in Scotland long enough now to be able to walk away from the temptations it offers in the way of food, and really I feel a lot better when I exercise. Plus, I'm really tired of my clothes being a bit tight. I'm not going to buy new clothes...

Anyway my Sister, I'm behind you - 100% Jiggles beware!!!

Staci J said...

Way to go Katie! Working out is tough, especially trying to get back in the groove... I love Jack's video, he's adorable!